Ron Johnson - America’s Dumbest Senator

kuhl

#1 Ron Johnson - America’s Dumbest Senator

Postby kuhl » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Ron Johnson - America’s Dumbest Senator

Sen. Ron Johnson is rolling out a bold platform as he weighs whether to run for reelection: He’s the guy who twice shut down $1,200 stimulus checks that would have gone to hundreds of thousands of his constituents.

The push for direct payments comes as Democratic and Republican leaders are racing to finalize a coronavirus relief package as well as avert a government shutdown. While there’s general agreement around providing about $600 in direct payments, Sanders and Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) are pushing for more. Earlier Friday, Johnson also blocked a proposal from Hawley for about $1,200 in stimulus checks. The direct payments are a priority for the White House.

Johnson argued that the federal deficit was the reason he ran for office and suggested that the money in previous stimulus packages went unspent.

“When I first got here, I ran because we were mortgaging our kids’ future,” hen said. “I’m not heartless. I want to help people. I voted to help people. I voted for the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, but I also am concerned about our children’s future.”

And how stupid you have to be claiming that left-wing “provocateurs” and “fake” Trump supporters sparked the violence at the Capitol riots. In Senate hearing Johnson spent most of his allotted time for questioning witnesses by reading passages from the Federalist piece that painted Trump supporters as overwhelmingly peaceful and made unsubstantiated suggestions that left-wing provocateurs were actually responsible for the attack.

Well Mr. and Mrs America you have what you paid for, enjoy Ron Johnson's stupidity unlimited.

Return to “House & Senate”